Friday 5 October 2012

Do You Dare? #2 Spicy Korean Rice Cake

Posted by Unknown at 10:57 pm
A red that shade shouldn't even exist in food. It's a miracle!


    

     I'm not really a big fan of spicy food, but I am a HUGE fan of all things chewy. Unfortunately, some things just have to be together. It's like trying take out the cream out of ice cream. The same goes for spicy rice cake. You just can't have rice cake that's NOT spicy, you know?
I admit, the boiling pool of lava flooding the plate kinda scared me a little. See, I'm the kind of person that thinks a packet of McDonald's chilli's spicy. So you can tell I'm not exactly 'volcano' material. Yes call me weak, call me a pussy, I know.
BUT, I am willing to do anything for a nice chewy snack (except throwing myself off a building), and I'm willing to bear the searing pain of liquid lava shooting down my throat.
Honestly, I don't even know why I even like spicy rice cake. It's not exactly nutritious, it's just- plain old rice flour, a few slices of carrot, and a small handful of shredded lettuce. The rest of it's just inedible for the average human (I'm talking spicy gravy that's so hot it'll make a pro wrestling champion cry).
But the chilli sauce just goes so well together with the rice cakes! It's a nice, sweet sauce that hits you the minute you take a chow off a slice of rice cake, but of course, that pleasant feeling only lasted seconds before the spiciness kicked in. I was soon left gasping for breath and I even started stuffing down cubes of ice down my throat. It is life. Sacrifices have to be made, I guess. Oh well. I am extremely proud of myself for having managed to finish the entire thing, though I can't say it was plate-licking good (my tongue would have died all on its own if it was).
One stick of rice cake lasts about half a minute in your mouth, if you're a slow chewer like me. If you're a mochi/gummy fan, and if you have an uncanny knack for inflicting pain upon yourself, this is the dish for you. In fact, it's perfect.
Spicy Korean rice cake that's so hot it makes mount Kilimanjaro feel inferior? Yes I dare. Heck, I even finished a bowl of kimchi along with it!

Hungry bunny over and out~

0 comments on "Do You Dare? #2 Spicy Korean Rice Cake"

Post a Comment

 

The Hungry Bunny Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez