Tuesday 21 August 2012

Weird chinese Sweet #1 Hard plum candy

Posted by Unknown at 5:09 pm
BEHOLD! Yellow heart plum (Direct translation)
   Today was the first time I've tried this even though it isn't the first time I've seen such a thing. You can find this in any old convenience store and sometimes even supermarkets. First off, It doesn't exactly look appetising, it kinda looks like a bug preserved in prehistoric resin to be frank.
    I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT IMMEDIATELY. I'm a sucker for sour things. Literally. So basically, this sweet is made up of hard sugar, and encloses a little plum gem inside, but just so that you'll still be able to taste it without dissolving everything first. It's like a lolly, just that you've got small bursts of sour plum along with the sweetness of the sugar. I never knew such a taste! the best of both worlds, the sweetness of a flower garden in the cold winter, or maybe the glaring sunlight against the warmth of my skin. Or maybe I'm just exaggerating. 黄心梅...Yellow heart Plum. If you see it. GET IT. Unless you've already had the fortune to have eaten it already. Today, I learnt that we really shouldn't judge a sweet by its wrapper.
Hungry bunny over and out~

6 comments on "Weird chinese Sweet #1 Hard plum candy"

Anonymous said...

where can i order hard plum candy

Anonymous said...

I just had one... The plum tasted rather salty, not sour.
I'm not a big fan of it but honey was nice :)

Anonymous said...

I think the center "plum" tastes salty and weird as well. The outside is delicious though.

Unknown on 2 February 2016 at 08:15 said...

http://www.snackhawaii.com/collections/li-hing-mui-candy/products/li-hing-mui-drops-golden-plum?variant=6096829315

Unknown on 28 January 2021 at 01:45 said...

Get them in joburg it's so cheap

Anonymous said...

The center is salty

Post a Comment

 

The Hungry Bunny Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez