Sunday 24 June 2012

Weird Japanese sweet #1

Posted by Unknown at 12:46 pm
Fish eggs? Red beads? NO! It's prune flavoured balls!

As I walked down the confectionary aisle of Cold Storage, I spotted this strange looking sweet that looked like tiny red beads. Of course, I was very much intrigued. So, being me, I got it at about a dollar eighty and brought it home in excitement to try this interesting looking snack. I did hope I wouldn't get cancer or anything, because it really looked like something that might.
    So anyway, I tore the bag open only to find a ziplock seal. Interesting...the Japanese are very kind to take into consideration the fact that I would never down the whole pack.
     Okay, I admit I had my doubts. The small ball was only about the size of caviar eggs, and looked like it would fit well into a necklace. I can read some of the japanese on it, and apparently, its prune flavoured. How Odd! I'd never seen such confectionary before, needless to say prune flavoured ones. I wondered if these were popular among the teens in Japan.
   Anyway, back to the taste. When I first popped it into my mouth, it felt odd. Like as if I shouldn't be swallowing any of it. But I finally forced myself to bite into its hard surface, and with "crack!", there was a burst of flavour and the stuff inside the ball immediately dissolved. It tasted refreshingly of prune, and I took another one with great pleasure. These were really REALLY addictive! Honestly! If you ever find these in your supermarket, I'd say give them a try. I suppose that's the fun of food. You never know what you're gonna get - especially if it looks as odd as these prune balls.

hungry bunny, over and out.
  

0 comments on "Weird Japanese sweet #1"

Post a Comment

 

The Hungry Bunny Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez