Wednesday 20 June 2012

Sea Urchin and Raw beef etc.

Posted by Unknown at 5:49 pm
So... I was very much misleaded by my dear friend QQ, about this supposedly "cheap" Japanese restaurant that sells really good food. you'll know why later when you see the receipt. It was more to say an adventure rather than a pig-out moment, but I really did enjoy myself.

So anyway, here's a list of the majorly interesting food we stuffed into ourselves

First up - Sea Urchin sushi!!!!!
What is this wonder? you ask.

So, QQ and I decided on a sushi dare, and what better way to start of the day with a bit of good old sea urchin? Now, for those of you who haven't tried sea urchin, don't worry, I've researched. (actually I looked it up while we were waiting for the food to come) People like it so much because it has some sort of chemical in it that makes you dive into a deep pool of euphoria and happy-ness. Almost with the same effects as 'pot' or 'marijuana' (Gasp!)
and after reading the lot, I felt a lot better with all the great reviews and comment.

So, taking my chopstick gently in my hands, I picked a tiny piece of yellow mush and brought it really close to my nose. At least it didn't smell as bad as they said it would. In fact, I couldn't smell anything at all, though QQ was instantly repulsed. Maybe I just don't mind the smell of sea water mixed with waste. And then I ate it.
It's very VERY mushy, and if you don't like fishy foods, I definitely do not recommend you eating this (Though you are always welcomed to try anytime). It's slightly bitter, with a hint of sweet. Kinda like Mild tasting Durian. Huh, what an uncanny resemblance it has to the king of fruits, in both looks, AND taste.
I think this fruit is like the land version of the urchin. It has thorns on
the outside, smells horrible, and it's yellow and mushy.
Overall, I give it a 3 out of 10. Well, I'm sorry for you sea urchin fans out there, but I absolutely had no sense of happiness when I ate this.
Come to think of it...maybe that's why urchins have to have chemicals to make you happy, you know, so that it'd overcome the disappointment.











Second, Live shrimp/Raw beef/Scallop with Cod liver

Yum yum, nothing better than raw stuff and liver.

Okay, personally, I hate raw beef. But I ate it 'cause I thought It was the swordfish sushi we ordered (But cancelled anyway) So I was really confused when we tore the beef in half to share. Plus, it was all red and tough in the centre. I remembered thinking, "I never knew swordfish was this bloody." But anyway. I ate a tiny slice and instantly made a face. "This is the raw beef isn't it?"
"Yah..." Said QQ, and I instantly realised. How could I have been so utterly ignorant? It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be but oh well, QQ loved it so it must just be me. (1 outta 10)


Next we ate the tiny piece of Cod fish liver that sat proudly on top of the scallop. Now, QQ wasn't actually that excited about the Liver, but I insisted anyway. it WAS a sushi dare after all. So, we split it into half and ate it. It's actually really good! It tastes like Cod, but stronger, and it had a fried oily taste to it. I LOVED it. QQ said, "I didn't know Cod Liver was this good." Haha. See. I made her see the light. Then we just walloped the scallop which was as good as scallop could ever get. (8 outta 10)

Raw live shrimp? Sounds disgusting but was really nice. In fact, I preferred it raw. I'm not really that big of a fan of shrimp, but this was really nice and chewy and fresh. So, If you're ever going to try Raw prawn, get it from a good restaurant because I had one that tasted half rotten before and it was horrible. (7 outta 10, I mean, for the fresh prawn, not the rotten one)


Conch shell 
Chewy goodness


Now, Conch shells are really REALLY big, so I expected it to be a lot bigger, but it wasn't. Anyway, Conch tastes lightly sweet, and it's really chewy, like any other kind of clam. Though the great thing about it was that it didn't have that bitter, grainy part that you'd find in muscles and oysters. so that was a plus. With a spritz of lemon and strands of cucumber, you're all ready to go.
(8 outta 10)




Milk Pudding
Nothing says CUTE better than jiggly wobbly Milk pudding

What's the first thing you do when you find yourself a nice bowl of pudding?? YES - Shake it and watch it belly dance like shakira. It was very amusing.
It was nice a creamy and milky and soft, kinda like a melt in the mouth texture. The only down point of this delectable dish was that the caramel was a tad bit too bitter for the likes of two sweet-toothed teenagers. Well, the wobbling makes up for it.
(9 outta 10)



Others

Salmon Roll
Udon and Bubble tea
Roasted salmon sushi topped with onions
Nothing better than slicing mummy and wrapping her round her babies

THE FINALE MOMENT where everyone faints

Well, whatever, It was a great experience. 

0 comments on "Sea Urchin and Raw beef etc."

Post a Comment

 

The Hungry Bunny Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez